TIP 4 - Snack Smarter
Have one mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack to keep your body fuelled up, and to avoid binging at all the wrong times…..
So when the clock strikes 11….before you reach for that bag of salt and vinegar crisps or give in to the temptation of a Jaffa cake…think again!
There are so many healthy snacks to choose from instead, that won’t have you rushing off to the confessional box looking for the forgiveness of sins!
So for or a change why not try:
- Vegetable crudités with hummus, guacamole or tsatsiki or almond butter.
- (Just chop up some carrots, celery and cucumber into sticks, lob into a tub and keep in the fridge or take to work. Use one or more of the suggested dips and there you go.
- Organic natural yogurt with nuts and seeds
- Homemade flapjacks made with oats, banana and almond butter*
- Vegetable and fruit smoothies
- A handful or walnuts or brazil or cashew nuts
- A few mixed marinated olives – for healthy fats
- Orange or kiwi slices sprinkled with cinnamon (the cinnamon will help to regulate your blood sugars)
- 2 or 3 squares if dark chocolate….not the whole bar now!
- A good old fashioned apple…eat a few nuts (for protein) to slow down the release of the fruit sugar.
Right so there you go………………. plenty of ideas to get started with…sure give it a go, you might not even miss those nasty old processed biscuits or crisps at 11am after long!
See you soon for Tip 5!